October 19, 2010

Magazine Mojo

Teen Vogue November 2010 Issue

I was so happy to finally get the new November 2010 issue of Teen Vogue today. Not surprised, Lauren Conrad was on the cover. Even though there was 126 pages in the magazine, I didn't read every single one. To me (some) fashion magazines are starting to get boring. Most aren't even about fashion anymore. At times it seems as though they have ran out of things to talk about and just place some random articles inside. I think some magazines are starting to lose their mojo. At times I used to love looking at the magazines and articles online just because you can zoom in and really get a good look at the pictures and articles. Now, I don't even really care. Starting to feel like I'm wasting my money on subscriptions. I no longer get the feeling that I had like when I received my first Teen Vogue magazine. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to get them but when I open and start to read it's a bunch of crap. Out of this issue I think there was only maybe two or three parts that were okay to me.


When people subscribe to fashion magazines, we all have our own reasons for doing so. Some just like to see the celebrity best dressed, some just like to read more about the cover stories and some like to read the makeup section. For myself, I subscribe to read the really good fashion articles and I love to see the fashion spreads. I love to see how every model in the magazine is styled and what they are wearing. All depending on what you like, we all open a magazine looking for something different. If you're a makeup artist, most likely you would pay more attention to every ones makeup in the magazine. I feel that they need to write more about things that readers can connect to. Write about things we want to hear about. What are some of the things you look for when you open a magazine?

X0X0 Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment