May 25, 2012

Update: New Beginnings

I have no idea where to even begin. So much has happened in my life between my last post and right now. I am officially back in school for physical therapy, happier with life overall, single, and recently changed my image. Last week I made the major decision to go natural just because I am super active and it would make maintaining my hair a whole lot easier! So yesterday I went to hair salon with hopes of getting a trim and curl but ended up telling her to get the clippers and start cutting. She (my hair stylist) thought I was completely crazy, but she already knows that I'm a spur of the moment kind of person so she's used to it. So I now I have less than an inch of curly hair on my head. This definitely was shocking but it will take me some getting used to. My grandmother doesn't like it and is stuck in her old ways and beliefs such as: girls are supposed to have long hair not look like a boy or I don't like it it's too short. But what I tried to tell her nicely was that it is my life, my decision, my head, my hair, my body and I will do with it what ever I want. If you don't like short hair then fine but it is my decision and I do not need to do certain things just to make other people happy. My happiness is most important. I will be posting pictures soon :) Maybe I will do a video as well...who knows!

until next time,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment