August 21, 2010

Does the Fashion Industry Treat Us Equal?


All I can say is that this collection is very interesting. From the choice in prints, fabric and makeup (which really caught my attention). I noticed that some of the models had a mustache which threw me off. I'll put it this way, it was a different kind of combination that you rarely see. I mean, if I were to wear any of these outfits out in public ( before it being on the runway and people knowing that it was created by Vivienne Westwood.) I would have been blasted and attacked by the fashion police. However, if a well know fashion designer comes up with crap like that people just bow to them like a god or goddess as if they have created the impossible. I understand that it is all about creativity and I am all for it.
***
For example, if Alexander Wang and I create the same exact tank top, who do you think would get more credit for it? (You should already know the answer). If I were create the ugliest piece of clothing you have ever seen in your life and a designer was to do the same thing, people would look at what I have created as trash and what the designer has made as a masterpiece. I don't quite undertand how that works but I seriously need and would love to have a talk with whatever brainless creature that decided to set that standard.
***
Anyways, just thought I would share my thoughts. Check out the vid for yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I often look at looks/celebs that are deemed stylish and think, really?! yuck! i dont understand.. if we walked around with a moustache we may get taken off to the loony bin..

    love kerry
    xx

    http://alittlefashionromance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete